As part of our campaign to create awareness of ME/CFS, we try to secure media coverage whenever we can. Below are some of the interviews and articles:
- Afrika News.com: 21 January 2018 – Part 1: Interview with Retha Viviers, founder of ME/CFS foundation S.A
- Conscious Life Free Online Magazine: Article by Katherine Sarah on behalf of the Foundation – “What is Myalgic Encephalomyelitis (ME) and could you have it?” (pages 22, 23)
- May 2017 Lighting up the Donkin – MECFSSA Foundation joins the global #MissingMillions Campaign on 12 May 2017 by lighting up the iconic Donkin Lighthouse in Nelson Mandela Bay, Eastern Cape, South Africa https://www.facebook.com/MECFSFoundationSA/videos/1309165582538132/
- Health Rising: Out of Africa – Breaking the Mold and Making a Difference Jun 19, 2019 – Cort Johnson talks to Retha Viviers about her story, and the ME/CFS Foundation SA.
- SABC2 Health Talk: Television appearance 17 May 2017 – Foundation Founder, Retha Viviers, appears in studio to talk about ME/CFS, the Foundation, as well as Awareness Month May 2017
- Carte Blanche: Chronic Fatigue Syndrome: Millions Missing 19 February 2017 – Devi Sakaree Govender interviews foundation founder, Retha Viviers; Dr Ron Davis and Linda Tannenbaum from the Open Medicine Foundation; journalist and public health activist, David Tuller; and an ME/CFS patient. This video went viral with thousands from countries all over the world viewing and sharing it. It’s recommended viewing for people with ME/CFS, their family, friends and caregivers.
- CapeTalk: Interview with Retha Viviers and Dr Charles Shepherd 8 February 2018 – Pippa Hudson talks to Dr Charles Shepard and Retha Viviers | Founder and Director at The ME CFS Foundation South Africa
- Cape Talk: Interview with Elizabeth Murray and Romy Parker 3 February 2018 – Linzi Bourhill talks to Elizabeth Murray and Romy Parker about the ME/CFS Foundation SA
- Channel Islam: Interview with Retha Viviers 12 July2017 -Interview with MECFSSA Founder Retha Vivier
- KingfisherFM: Chronic Fatigue Syndrome: Millions Missing 12 May 2017 – Ethan Black interviews MECFSSA Founder Retha Viviers (rebroadcast the following week)
- CliffCentral.com: Womandla! Chronically fatigued? 9 November 2016 – Phumi Mashigo interviews MECFSSA founders, Retha and Clarinda Viviers, about ME/CFS.
- OFM: Research done on ME or Chronic Fatigue Syndrome 27 October 2016 – OFM News’ Christal-Lize Muller speaks to Dr Simone Silver, a doctor specialising in treating ME/CFS, and foundation founder, Retha Viviers regarding the main symptoms, treatment and research.
- CliffCentral.com: Laws of Life – CFS & dream interpretation 17 May 2016 – Garry Hertzberg speaks to MECFSSA foundesr, Retha and Clarinda Viviers, people with ME/CFS and the mother of a patient to find out what life is like with this debilitating illness.
- Weekend Post: Weekend Post 13 May 2017 – Article in Eastern Cape Newspaper about the Foundation’s “Light up the Night” global participation for #MillionsMissing.
- Daily Vox: Living with Chronic Fatigue Syndrome 12 May 2017 – Interview with Nomsa Gamedze
- CommUnity Ch@ Online Magazine: May is awareness month for Myalgic Encephalomyalitis April Edition – Interview with Nomsa Gamedze & Retha Viviers, on page 12 & 13
- Northcliff Melville Times: Do you know what ME is? 4 January 2017 – Interview with MECFSSA founder, Retha Viviers, re the financial impact of the disease and the difficulty getting diagnosed.
- Krugersdorp News: Imagine living a life with no energy 2 December 2016 – Brief article re the foundation and major ME/CFS symptoms.
- Benoni City Times: Woman home-bound by invisible disease 27 May 2016 – Interview with MECFSSA founders, Retha and Clarinda Viviers, and Leigh-Ann Horn, a patient. Leigh-Anne was a successful podiatrist in Benoni for 18 years, but had to sell her practice after the onset of ME/CFS.